½ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp brewer’s yeast
¼ cup coconut
1 ¼ cup rolled oatsChoc chips
- In a small cup/bowl mix together the flax seed and water
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars
- Add egg, flax seed mixture, vanilla and orange juice and mix until creamy
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, orange rind and brewers yeast
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl (I do large spoonful’s at a time to prevent flour going EVERYWHERE)
- Fold in oats, choc chips and coconut
- Using a medium icecream scoop or tablespoon, place half domes onto baking tray and slightly flatten. Makes 24, more if you can restrain yourself from eating all the dough.
- Bake at 175 for 9-11 minutes until golden around the edges
If you prefer extra moist cookies, add an extra tablespoon to the flax seed mixture
Add the orange juice and rind to your taste, I juiced 1/3 of a large orange but it wasn’t enough so I probably ended up with ½ - 2/3.
Same with choc chips, I normally add quite a lot (more than ½ a cup) to cover the taste of the bitterness of brewer’s yeast but the orange actually does a good job of covering it.