Sunday, 29 December 2013

Favourite Makeup

I've recently been getting into makeup, it's where majority of my income went (when I had it) and I've been meaning to blog about it for a bit. I've started getting into a good daily routine with what I use and then I have products when I want a bit less or more. 

Deciding to do this at night wasn't the best idea as I couldn't get good photos that truly represented the colours but I got it as close as possible without natural light (or flash, yuck). Below are a few of my favourite and most used products.

.PRIMER.

Benefit The Porefessional - I bought this in Singapore after seeing it around a lot and I am a fan. I usually only put this on my nose, around my eyes and on my forehead as those are my problem spots. I then use the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in Light everywhere else which is great for oil control and redness. On days I don't wear much makeup, or any I stick with Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-shine Mattifying Gel and all this does is suck up the oil and get rid of that horrible shine and it's great for days at home where I don't plan on wearing makeup but my skin just feels a bit ick.

.FOUNDATION.

It depends on how much coverage I want as to what I wear. On days where I want a light coverage I will use the Missha Perfect Cover B.B Cream in 21 (Light Beige) which I also got from Singapore but luckily I have sourced places to buy it in Australia (or that ship to Australia). It is the best BB cream I have tried and I love the coverage, it is great for covering up redness and one thing I love about it is my skin won't be shiny at the end of the day. For a more stronger coverage such as interviews or going out (or just cause) I go to NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc (although now just looking at the bottle I realised this was Sheer Glow when I had actually wanted Sheer Matte but this actually works nicely with my skin so that is a bonus I guess) and for general day to day use I stick with Revlon Coverstay in Buff for Oily/Combination skin, it is perfect for day to day and the coverage is great.

Edit: Forgot to grab my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla which is great for those pesky blemishes.

.POWDER.


I only just bought the Benefit Hello Flawless in Ivory (I don't know why it looks so orange there, I do find some of Benefit's products a tad orange but not this) and I loved the coverage and I think it would go perfect with the NARS foundation. For day to day use I stick with  Rimmel London Match Perfection in Transparent, it only has a slight pink pigmentation to it which can give a nice glow. I picked it up in an ASOS sale for under $5 and it's a favourite, I picked up the Sephora pressed powder but the smell of it puts me off a bit. I couldn't pass up the NARS Highliter in Albatross, it is a gorgeous colour and is so versatile with it's uses. I've tried a few blushes but I do love the Almay Smart Shade Blush in Pink, I've swatched it and other products below.

.EYES.


I haven't been wearing a lot of eye product lately as when at work I need to use eyedrops a lot but when I do the above is what I usually go with. I will do my brows at least (those are work in progress) and I usually stick with Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep which has a tiny brush and is so easy to use, sometimes I might use my NARS brow Gel, most of the time it just depends which I grab out but I do prefer Gimme Brow. Since I cannot use eyeliner for the life of me I will tightline my upper lids using Stilla Eyeshadow in Ebony and just turn it into a paste as you can see in the open pot. As many makeup kits have, I do love my Urban Decay Naked Palette which was another Singapore grab, the colours are lovely and I like the mix of shimmer and matte. Then to finish it all off is Covergirl's Clump Crusher in Very Black which I am a very big fan of. I have long thick eyelashes as it is and these really make my eyes pop.

.LIPS.

It's taken a bit for me to start wearing lipstick but my collection is now every growing and to keep my lips nice and soft I love Lush Lip Scrub in Popcorn. You just rub it into your lips then lick it off and enjoy the taste of popcorn. Then for colour my daily options are Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Honey and NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine, both are a nice shade of pink. I am channeling my teen years with Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Haute, as I was a big fan of purple lipstick when I was younger and now I've found a shade that works for both satisfying my purple needs and not looking like the kid who raided her mums makeup drawer. 

.SWATCHES.
L to R: Revlon Just Bitten, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, NARS Velvet Pencil, Stilla Eyeshadow, NARS Highlighter and Almay Blush.

Please excuse the swatch photo, it is my first one and trying to get good lighting was hard.

So there, this ended up being massive but it was fun writing about all my makeup. I was going to do a 'wish list' post but I think that can wait for another day!

What is your favourite makeup?




4 comments:

  1. Ever since I had Emily my skin has been awful! I'm experimenting with different cleansers and makeup. It seems like every kind of makeup I use makes me break out like crazy. I like makeup =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could it be the hormones? I react to certain products, plant stuff actually isn't the best for my skin.

      Delete
  2. Oooh this is fun! I don't read as many cool make up blogs as you but I do have my faves.

    For primer I use Napoleon's 'Autopilot' usually, but recently have been using Clinique 'Super Primer' in color correction.

    Foundation I use a combo of Loreal BB cream and Lancôme Teint Idole in 010 for long stay, and Teint Miracle in the same shade for a more dewy look.

    Powder I use Teint Miracle Pressed powder for setting, and Estée Lauder Pure Color Blush in 'Blushing Nude'. I also use Too Faced's 'no make up make up' kit for contouring, bronzing and highlights.

    Eyes is Lancôme liquid eyeliner in Noir and a penicl in black- brown and a variety of Lancôme Hypnose mascaras - some have GLITTER! I have a Chanel eye color palette but my go to is Loreal Chrome Shine in the brown shade (good for blue eyes) just to whack on for work.

    Lips I'm hopeless, usually Blistex lip balm but I like Loreal Gloss Shine and I have 3 or four in everything from bright red to Melon. I bought some Chanel lip stain but it bled out and lip liner seems like effort :)

    Great post! Imma try your BB cream - is ok for dry/sensitive skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big spender! I remember glitter mascara, might pick some up haha.

      I'm not 100% sure if this would be good for dry skin, mine is super dry at the moment so I've been avoiding makeup but I will try it tomorrow and see how it goes.

      Delete